The guide of good eating, adapt to each pathology
Do you know that there are specific foods for each pathology? Each of them has different properties that help us cope with situations that sometimes are a uphill battle.
From the Hoffmann Method we want to make things easier for you, so we have created a table based on the advice of Catalina Hoffmann with which you can test your culinary skills while ensuring that your diet doesn´t lack anything. Get ready to exercise your sense of taste!
Food that fight constipation, such as vegetables, for their high content of water and fiber, fruits and whole grain.
· Foods rich in vitamin E, such as olive oil or wheat germ.
· Foods rich in vitamin C, such as citrus fruits, spinach, pineapple, watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, grapes or celery.
· Almonds, for its content in vitamin E, magnesium, protein, fiber, potassium, calcium and phosphorus.
· Apple, whose nutrients and fiber are associated with lower cardiovascular risk.
· Fish, for its excellent proteins and omega-3 fats, which prevent the formation of thrombi that clog the arteries.
· Whole grains, which reduce cholesterol levels and prevent sudden rises in glucose levels
· Strawberries, rich in phytochemicals, vitamin C, fiber and potassium.
· Tea, rich in flavonoids, phytochemicals with antioxidant capacity.
· Dark chocolate, also rich in antioxidant flavonoids and magnesium, which reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
· Tomatoes, especially its sauce, very rich in lycopene, which reduces the antiaggregant capacity of the blood.
· Grapes, which help reduce cholesterol.
· Foods rich in phosphorus, such as dairy products, lean meats, fish, peas, whole grains and nuts.
· Foods rich in carbohydrates, such as cereals, pasta, bread or rice.
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease||
· Foods rich in vitamins C and E, such as strawberries, oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, kiwis, spinach, Swiss chard, asparagus or green beans.
· Blue fish, such as trout, tuna, salmon or bonito.
· Foods rich in calcium, such as dairy products (milk, yogurt and cheese), preferably skimmed; nuts and seeds, dried fruit such as figs, dried apricots or dates; citrus fruits and vegetables.
· Magnesium-rich foods such as cabbages, spinach, almonds, hazelnuts, peas, lentils, lettuce, asparagus, pumpkin, peach or plums.
· Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as blue fish, eggs, olive oil, avocados or nuts.
· Legumes, which lower cholesterol and facilitate circulation.
· Garlic, which lowers cholesterol and hypertension.
· Nuts, which prevent arteriosclerosis and thrombus formation.
· Blue fish, which prevents the increase of triglycerides in the blood.
· Foods rich in vitamin C such as citrus fruits prevent hypertension.
· Foods rich in folates, such as Brussels sprouts, beets or spinach.
· Foods rich in potassium and low in sodium, such as bananas, potatoes, tomatoes or grapes.
· Foods that contain sugars but are absorbed little by little, such as legumes or whole grains.
· Fruits rich in soluble fiber, such as apples, pears or medlars.
· Vegetables in general.
· Oatmeal, since it has a lot of soluble fiber and is rich in proteins.
· Foods rich in omega-3, like blue fish.
· Foods that help the production of insulin, such as celery, asparagus, beans, spinach, wheat germ and brewer's yeast.
· Fruits and vegetables in general, as they are easy to digest and rich in antioxidants, especially the artichoke, carrot and beet.
· Milk Thistle, which exerts a reparative function on the liver cells and helps eliminate toxins.
· Garlic and onions are bactericidal
· Drink a lot of liquids
· Foods rich in iodine, such as fish, seaweed, shellfish, lentils, tomatoes, aubergines or iodized salt.
· Foods rich in vitamin B, such as whole grains, nuts, vegetables and brewer's yeast.
· Foods rich in vitamin A, such as carrots, spinach, prunes, dairy apricots or arugula.
· Foods rich in vitamin E, such as asparagus, potatos and figs
To include this table in your menu is very easy. If there are any food that you don´t like, you can change it with another one more tasty. With this simple and delicious way, turn years with health is guaranteed!